- Fill a cocktail shaker with ice.
- Add 2 oz. Pomegranate Juice, 3/4 oz. Vodka (we used Stoli), and 1/2 oz. Orange-flavored liqueur (we used Cointreau).
- Shake for ten seconds. Strain into a Martini glass.
- Top with 1 oz. Champagne or Sparkling Wine.
- Drink responsibly, 'cause these babies go down eeeeeeasy!
Wednesday, April 2, 2008
Pompagne (Sparkling Pomegranate Martinis)
The "surprise" party for Kahle backfired when her flight to California was cancelled! The airlines inflicted a cruel twist of fate on those of us planning the Saturday Soiree.
But, sad that our Guestess of Honor would not attend her own party, we raged on! (Don't worry, Kahle, another party shall ensue).
Here's a photo of the guests who stayed until we shut down the kitchen and the bar!
The event started slowly, but that gave me plenty of time to keep working and shouting out orders to Tara, my temporary aide-de-cuisine.
Okay, I didn't yell at her!
She and Ron and I completed all of our main tasks just as the first guests were arriving.
First order up: POMPAGNE!
What is Pompagne, you ask? I found this recipe in my Cooking Pleasures magazine. It's like a sparkling Pomegranate Martini! Here's how to make one: